How Can I Get Paid For Blogging
Which is the best blogging platform?
The two most frequent questions I get asked, are how do I get paid for blogging, and which is the best blogging platform? Let me start by answering you straight. WordPress is hands down, by far the best blogging platform. Why is this so clear? Because:
- WordPress is a free CMS (Content Management System) that has gradually evolved and been refined by Auttomatic. Go to WordPress.org for software, or to WordPress.com for their quick to use, fully hosted blogging platform.
- WordPress is extremely flexible. There are thousands of free WP themes available. There are some magnificent paid themes, too. Further flexibility and expansion of functionality come from the thousands of WordPress software plugins available. Most of these plugins are free. And extremely easy to install, from the WP dashboard. You can edit files in WordPress.
- Installation of WordPress in a self-hosted environment is a 2 or 3 click process. All major hosting companies have a software section pre set-up where you can simply select which CMS you would like to install. Every step is smooth. Install WP in the root directory, or create a specific folder for your installation. It is an extremely easy, automatic installation process!
How To Get Paid For Blogging
So, we have made it clear for you that WordPress is the best blogging platform. It installs so easily. You can host WP anywhere. You can also immediately build a blog in your Web browser at WordPress.com, as an easier alternative. (Slightly less flexible.) WordPress.com is an ideal starting point for absolute beginners. Not for seasoned webmasters.
How Can I Make Money Blogging On WordPress?
This is a great question. You’re still wondering, how do I get paid for blogging? There are many and varied approaches to answering this question. Some methods include:
- Build a community. Get people engaged and interact with them. Reply to their comments. Answer questions and ask your followers to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Do email marketing to your subscriber list. Provide valuable content in the form of articles, free e-Books, videos, tips, special reports and even downloadable software programs.
- Offer training courses. Mini-courses, for 7-days, delivered by email and some further, extended training, webinars, events, etc. People always want to learn a new skill. Training and e-Courses are popular when you are perceived as the #1 authority in your field.
- Banner advertising: 1. selling your own products; 2. offering affiliate products; 3. selling advertising space, known as ad inventory. First, choose some standard ad sizes in pixels.
- Do guest posting on a related blog. This helps brand you. It establishes your authority in a niche.
- Use social sharing buttons. Get your blog posts shared widely across social media.
Which Topic Is Best For Blogging?
A lot of people are wondering which topics and subjects are the best for blogging purposes. Remember that your goal is to get paid for blogging! That suggests to me that you’ll do better if you attract a lot of attention. So don’t choose boring topics. Don’t talk about grandma’s favorite stockings or her tastiest cup of tea! Find something really controversial. You want people to have a strong emotional reaction. For, or against.
Current political issues, like immigration levels in Western countries, free trade, security, international threats, etc., might be likely to stir up some emotional responses. Consumer protection against unscrupulous companies and corporations is another good area for newsworthy topics. You can also curate news snippings and comment strongly on the current news. Blogging is all about your opinion. Plus the opinions of your blog readers. People want to discuss ideas. They need to be listened to.
Best Tips When Blogging
Some hot tips for bloggers might include:
- Integrate your blog comments section with a service like Disqus.com. The amazing Disqus system gets billions of visitors monthly and so join up with them. Find a free Disqus plugin, inside your WordPress blog dashboard, plugins page. Search in new plugins: add.
- Similarly, integrate your comments by adding a Facebook comments area. This is additional to the Disqus comments plugin. Yes, you can run both sets of comments. It allows visitors to share their comments on Facebook. That’s a BIG plus for you!
- Add a plugin for Social Media sharing. You want this to appear right at the end of your blog posts. Just as you see on this blog post. Make sure you have buttons for the main social sites: Google Plus, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Stumbleupon.com, etc.
- Very important: To start to quickly get paid for blogging, become familiar with the companies that organize affiliate programs. I have prepared a Q&A page about the best affiliate marketplace you’ll find: ClickBank.com. That’s where you’ll find thousands of digital info-products you can sell. You can often score 75% of the product’s selling price, as a commission to you. Paid direct into your check or savings bank account. Or, you can choose to get a check in the mail. It’s up to you.
Where Should I Start Blogging?
You should start blogging immediately by researching a bit. Learn a little each day. Choose your niche. Listen to your passions. To start to get paid for blogging, go to my Q&A link above and scan through my 72 questions and answers. It’s easy. Bloggers can earn unlimited income. If they know how. It is NOT dead if you will do the research, in Google, to locate and define your narrow market niche – or ‘slice of the pie!’
Here’s another resource site that can help you to monetize your blog site. It supplies you with the monetizing skills that you do need now. It also helps you quickly clone a very powerful, proven marketing system. Make sure you watch the video right through to the end. It is a training in itself. Very valuable. It is connected with the free e-Book:
Thanks for reading this far in my blog post. You may have a lot of unanswered questions still? Like, for example, why blogging is important for your business? Does it still work in 2017? Is it dead? Does it need regulation, government control, or censoring? Or even, I’ve seen, where to start fashion blogging? Starting off: How do I select my topic and niche?
Answers are all provided in our neat PDF free e-Book.
Geoff Dodd, Editor. Focus On Success