Palm Launch & Gesture Control
The surprisingly good DJI Spark Intelligent Mini Drone is shocking all critics of DJI. Why’s that? Well, it’s so easy to control with hand movements, gestures, and your smartphone – it hardly needs an R/C controller! You can ‘palm-launch’ it safely like a parrot, and put out your hand as a landing pad! You can gesture a square frame and it’ll cruise in slowly and take your selfie. It’s uncanny in its intelligence – like the DJI Spark is alive!
DJI Spark Intelligent Features:
- High-Performance Camera: Full HD 1080P resolution, 30 fps, 12 Megapixels
- Mechanical 2-axis Gimbal Stabilization of VIDEO Stream in FPV
- Drone Responds To Hand Movements, Signs, Gestures You Make!
- Flight Safety Means Worry-free flight in the palm of your hand
- Intelligent Flight Modes: Obstacle Avoidance and Return To Home (one touch)
- Quick Shot Videos with a Tap on the App:
- Edit and Share The DJI GO 4 app features automatic editing templates and an array of filters. Quickly edit videos and share them straight to social media!
- Drone Model Number: CP.PT.000731
- Drone Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 3 x 8.2 inches
- Flight Time on one battery: 12 – 14 minutes max
- Battery Charge Time takes an average of 45-50 minutes (wall socket)
- MAX SPEED: DJI Spark has a top speed of 31MPH (12MPH while using your phone as controller)
- RADIO RANGE: The remote controller confirms DJI’s 1.24-mile claim
- WiFi Mobile Range: 85 to 100 yards with a cell phone WiFi Controller
- More information
DJI Spark Advantages:
The Spark is definitely one of the best drones to buy at the $499 to $699 entry level. Considering you’re getting a Full HD video camera at 1080P resolution that you can fly up to 1.24 miles away! Imagine the fun with that.
Plus, the palm launch functionality and hand gestures control are unique, unseen elsewhere – and they work so well! Even if your mobile’s battery is flat. Even without any controller, you can keep in control of your DJI Spark with hand signals and gestures!
You can cruise the Spark in gently to take a 10 seconds delay selfie of you with your beloved partner. Or a family pic. Or even a wedding portrait. All by facing the Spark and forming a rectangle shape with your two hands!
If you want to have a ton of fun without breaking the bank, at around $499 then the DJI Spark is the perfect mini drone for you! Warning: please don’t be tempted at the lowest $100 level because they’re basically toy drones. Comparison: see the DBPOWER MJX X400W FPV Drone with Wifi Camera. Just $69. Discounted.
To get really professional results with your drone I strongly recommend that you learn more about the entire DJI range of quadcopter drones here:
Accessories: DJI Spark Remote Controller
- Radio Controller for the Spark Quadcopter Drone
- Folding Clamps attach your mobile smartphone safely
- Built-in Battery: 2970 mAh Transmitter Power (EIRP): 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz
- Remote Controller Operating Voltage: 950 mA, 3.7 V
- Controller Model Number: CP.PT.000792
- FPV Video transmission range of up to 1.2 miles (2 km)
- Allows a faster Max drone speed of up to 31 mph (50 kph) in Sports Mode!
- Discount Prices From $149 USD limited, to $168.90
Accessories: DJI Spark Extra Battery
- Spare Batteries For Prolonged FUN
- Intelligent Flight Battery by DJI
- Battery Capacity: 1480 mAh
- Battery Voltage: 11.4 Volts
- Weight: Approx. 0.2 lbs. (95 g)
- Model Number: CP.PT.000789
- Battery Type: Li-Po 3S Energy: 16.87
- Flight Time: 16 minutes
- Price Of Extra Battery: $49 USD + Free Shipping to USA
Thanks for your visit. Just click on the image of the accessory that you want for your new DJI Spark Intelligent Drone. I’m certain you’ll have a ton of fun with your hand-gesture controlled drone! These birds are amazing! Get the remote controller to extend your flying range out to 1.24 miles. Plus an extra battery or two.
Here’s a final video about what the Spark can do. IF you invest in a radio (remote) controller. Enjoy your hi-tech drone!
Review Video: DJI Spark Using Remote Controller
Notice in the review video there’s a comparison between the Spark and the Mavic Pro. Although limited to a 1080P video resolution, the Spark’s video stream picture quality is outstanding. It almost, but not quite, matches the 4K resolution standard of the Mavic Pro. This test proves that the Spark is very good value for its low $499 price.
Technology Editor, Focus On A Success Mindset